To discuss the media’s impact on body image and physical activity, 8th grade students will view the following VoiceThread presentation, complete a written assignment, and post comments on the VoiceThread.
VoiceThread: Media, Body Image and Physical Activity
Objective: Students will analyze how the media impacts attitudes toward body image and physical activity.
- Maryland PE Curriculum, Standard IV G1. Exercise Physiology, Media and Physical Activity
- 1a. Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.
- 1b. Engage students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources.
- 1c. Promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify student’s conceptual understanding and thinking, planning and creative processes.
- 2a. Design and adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
My intention is that students will view this in a blog either at home or at the computer lab. The VoiceThread is to enhance the written assignment by providing more interesting visual introduction to the assignment, as well as provide a tool for discussion. This type of discussion is not normally possible in a physical education class. Please see my VoiceThread Screencast blog post for more details on how to use this product.